As I sit in front of my computer this morning, I struggle to find words for what I am feeling in my heart. Yesterday's presentation was the awesomest thing I ever was a part of. For those who are reading this and don't know, our team kidnapped the pastor and completely took over the service. Months of planning, practicing, and praying resulted in an event where I think every heart there was blessed. I was blown away by the team. We had the service planned down to the last detail. Everything was executed with maturity and grace. We began by showing a video kidnapping of Pastor, followed by a mime skit. We then outlined our planned ministry in Italy. Then after a song we had a video of Pastor reading the scripture from "captivity". After this we had offering followed by a performance of The Sin Chair skit. This whole event was culminated by Nick, the lone dude on our team, bringing a message which was timely and effective. It was the coolest thing ever to witness each member of the team using their God given gifts to bring glory to our Lord. What an opportunity to apply their faith through ministry. Our trip is changing them and we have not even left yet.
It was also cool from the whole church perspective. Seeing that this event was "Top Secret" most people came to church expecting the normal service. Admittedly the kids were a little nervous that everyone would be supportive. There was no need for concern. Everyone I spoke to was blessed by them. Some were even speechless. These kids have grown up in this church and it was such a blessing to see them mature in their faith and ministering to the Lord. And praise God it was such an encouragement for the team to see the acceptance and support from the older generations. God is so awesome, it is amazing that when he is in something then nothing is impossible. If you walk in obedience by faith he just makes things happen.
Another thing that was awesome was how God provided financial blessings. I know it was a fundraiser, but when the service was done we were so encouraged and blessed that even if no money was given it was enough. But God, who supplies abundantly more than we ask provided $2,862 and 55euros. I was blown away. I was praying for $1,700, God provided $1,000 more than I thought was abundant. Wahoo! God is awesome.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just wanted to say that God is definitely working in my life and preparing me for this trip. I know that I was recently challenged by someone who said "if you don't know where your faith comes from, how do you expect to share it with others?" He was talking about the importance of reading the Bible and getting into God's word everyday and KNOWING that HE IS LORD! Being a leader on this trip, I have been challenged to step up and share my faith. I have always struggled with that; either not knowing what to say or not knowing how to say it. But I know God is using me on this trip to bring Him glory. We all need to remember that we're doing this for Him! He is AWESOME!!!!
~Jessi
Post a Comment